BEST CHILDCARE TECHNIQUES
Activities for children of any age
Creative Arts (All ages, Drawing/Crafting/Performing Arts)
Art activities are an effective strategy to help children with their fine motor skills. Most of the arts activities involve holding, pressing, and cutting. And it can also be an important way for children to express and share their ideas/understanding of this world.
Music Program (All ages, Nursery Rhymes, Singing)
Music is essential as it provides cognitive benefits in a child’s early development. It can also improve Literacy and Numeracy and enhances the child’s ability to decode different sounds and words. In addition to that, it helps kids to develop their vocabulary and also lift their mood.
Munch and Move (All Ages)
Healthy Eating is an important aspect in the growth of a child. “Munch and Move” is a NSW Health Initiative that promotes healthy development in kids. These include healthy eating, physical activity, and reduced screen time. Our programs are tailored so that kids recognise at an early age the importance of eating healthy foods like fruits and vegetables. We also encourage families to participate by bringing healthy lunchbox in lunchbox week.
Fundamental Movement Skills (All ages)
At Sunshine, we promote Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) as part of our daily curriculum. FMS involves promotes a child’s physical development as well as developing the building blocks for more complex sports and recreational activities.
Yoga and Dancing Program (All ages)
Dancing is a beneficial physical activity for kids as it develops their body awareness and coordination; it improves their balancing and gross motor skills. It also plays an essential role in children’s social-emotional development.
For 0-2 years, we start with imitating animals movements, which we call Baby Yoga. For 3-4 years old children, we will come up with some funny moves for them to dance with the music. And we will also encourage them to do some free dancing. It can be an interesting way for them to express their happiness and confidence.
Languages Classes (All ages)
We have Italian and Chinese language programs for our children to choose from. This provides children with the opportunity to explore the relationship between language and culture. This can accelerate their interests and confidence in these two languages. Our language programs will encourage parents with these backgrounds to attend and deliver the program with educators. These will be delivered through rhymes, songs, and games.
Multicultural Programs (All Ages)
Multiculturalism is one of the most important aspects of our society, and it underlines the very identity of everybody in this world community. At Sunshine, we value and celebrate different cultures and beliefs. Children are encouraged to share their different cultures and we incorporate those into our programs and activities through; country of the month, crafting of festivals, cooking experience, language classes, dancing, and so on.
School Readiness Program (3-6 yrs)
School Readiness Programs play a vital role in transitioning kids to school. At Sunshine, we keep close communication with local schools and make sure we are delivering the necessary skills and knowledge for kids to prepare for school. These include basic literacy and numeracy skills and also social skills.
School readiness program
Starting school is a significant milestone in the life of any child and family. At Sunshine, we provide an enriching environment that supports continuity of learning and positive transitions for each child into formal schooling. We provide a unique, intensive, and highly specialised School Readiness Program in our Preschool room.
Key areas of our school readiness program
- Recognition and identification of own name in written form.
- Writing own name.
- Learning the letters of the alphabet.
- Recognition of upper and lower case letters.
- Beginning to print the letters of the alphabet.
- Learning the sound(s) each letter of the alphabet makes.
- Forming letters on a line going from left to right.
- Learning numbers 1 – 20.
- Beginning to print numbers 1 – 20.
- Identification and recognition of primary and secondary colours.
- Identification and recognition of different shapes.
- Learning the days of the week, months of the year, and seasons.
- Hygiene, health, and safety, including dental hygiene, road safety, stranger danger, and sun protective behaviours.
- Hold writing implements using correct grip.
- Using scissors with safety and control.
- Able to use glue.
- Following rules.
- Using words such as ‘please’, ‘thank you’, and ‘excuse me.’
- Participates in small and large group activities.
- Socialises and interacts positively with peers.
- Interacting positively and politely with adults.
- Putting shoes and socks on without assistance.
- Packing and unpacking school bag.
- Following through on instructions without constant supervision.
- Use the toilet independently.
- Sharing and turn-taking skills.
- Understands sequence of events.
- Draws pictures with details.
- Sorts objects according to category.
- Demonstrates the concept of opposites.
- Can finish a task and tidy up afterwards.